2017 Race Dates and Rules
May 13th Richland Center, WI FAIRGROUNDS Registration from 8am-1030am Racing at 11am
June 17th Watertown, WI Badgerland Park W6904 Silver Creek Road Registration from 8am-1030am Racing at 11am
Mid State Grass Drag Circuit
Circuit Questions: Call Willie Conklin 608-697-7406
1 2002 and older STOCK 0-600
2 IMPROVE Triple 0-800
3 IMPROVE Twin 0-800
4 OPEN MODIFIED 0-600
5 STOCK 0-700 LIQUID TRIPLE PIPE-OEM CARBS
6 VINTAGE 0-340 ST
7 IMPROVE STOCK 0-500
8 OPEN MOD
9 STOCK 0-600 LIQUID-SINGLE PIPE-OEM CARBS
10 VINTAGE OPEN
11 STOCK 0-700 LIQUID-SINGLE PIPE-OEM CARBS
12 2002 and older STOCK 0-500
13 Mod 900
14 STOCK 0-600 LIQUID-TRIPLE PIPES-OEM CARBS
15 IMPROVE TWIN 0-700
16 IMPROVE Triple 0-700
17 0-500 Vintage Open
18 POWDERPUFF 0-700 STOCK
19 KIDDY KAT 120
20 KIDDY KAT 60
21 VINTAGE 0-440 ST LIQUID
22 2002 and older STOCK 0-700
23 IMPROVE STOCK OPEN
24 Stock 900
25 IMPROVE Triple 0-600
26 IMPROVED TWIN 0-600
27 Stock 800
28 OPEN MODIFIED 0-700
29 4 Stroke
30 2002 and older STOCK OPEN
31 OPEN MODIFIED 0-800
32 Improved Stock 0-900
33 OPEN STOCK
34 STOCK 0-500 LIQUID
35 2002 and older STOCK 0-800
36 OPEN MODIFIED 0-500
37 Shootout 0-1000 2 class minimum
Tether switches are mandatory
- 600 Single
- 600 Triple
- 700 Single
- 700 Triple
Stock 2002 & Older
- ST 340
- ST 440
- 0-500 Open
- 0-1000 Open
- Stock 0-700
***classes may change per race day, please call Willie at 608-697-7406 if you have any questions at all
HIGH POINTS- contingency money at the end of the year for high points. There are 33 classes that will be run at each location that fall under these rules. Money will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of each class at each race. Driver Numbers – are on a first come, first serve basis. Numbers will be issued at first race and that driver retains that number through the entire circuit. (Different driver needs to get new number) There will be no duplication of numbers. (Example-21x is not allowed) This reduces the chance of error in number keeping. Registered Driver must race; NO Driver Substitution or you will be DQ. Tech – If Racer wants another sled checked for possible alterations, he or she must specify the area this is questioned and deposit $100. If the Sled questioned is not stock, the Racer doing the questioning will receive his $100 back; if the sled was legal, the racer whose sled was checked keeps the $100. If your sled is checked and does not meet the rules for that class that it was entered, ALL points accumulated with that sled and driver for that day and prior events will be forfeited. Tethers must be worn at ALL TIMES while sled is running 100% PAYBACK Pay back 3 places $200 High Point per Day $25 Stock $75 Improved Stock $100 Mod Series Rules-You can race at any race, one or two local races, but to be in the series points you have to run 5 out of 6 events. Any ?’s call Willie at 608-697-7406
MID STATE GRASS DRAG CIRCUIT
General Rules for Paddock and Starting Line
- Each race location will assign their own age limit to be allowed in the paddock and staging area.
- Driver’s age must be 18 years of age; any drivers 12 through 17 must have guardian present and signature sheet signed.
- Drivers between the ages of 12 and 17 must have in their possession at the event a valid Snowmobile Safety Certificate.
- Any 12-13 year olds may drive Stock 550 CC Fan classes or smaller.
- Any 14-15 year olds may drive Stock 600 Single Pipe or smaller and Vintage.
- Any 16 years or older can drive Open and Vintage
- Guardian present and signature sheet signed. Each Race Location may change this ruling based on their insurance carrier’s requirements.
- Paddock/staging area and starting line when rear of machines is raised for clean out warm up stand must be used.
- Warm up stands must be high enough to make sure track does not come in contact with ground and must have frame work in enclosed to prevent debris from flying out.
- Helmets and Eye protection are MANDATORY for drivers and chest and shin protectors are highly recommended.
- At starting lanes, there must be at least 4’x 4’ starting backboards.
- Only 2 additional people are allowed with driver at starting line. Each race location may add and/or delete this number. Each worker at the starting line should wear eye protection.
- Any racers that jumpstart and run the entire track will be disqualified. If driver Bumps Clutch but does not hit gas, will be pulled back one sled length from the starting line and race restarted. If Driver hits gas, they will be disqualified. The race directors may elect to restart the race and they have final judgment.
- If mechanical problem occurs at starting line, driver has 3 minutes to have it repaired. After 3 minutes, race will continue. Race directors at each location have final judgment.
- Between each race, sleds will be allowed 3 minutes to cool down. Race location directors may allow additional time.
- NO REFUNDS will be allowed after Driver’ Meeting.
General Racing Rules
- 1. 4 Strokes have their own class
- Additional idler wheels may be added
- Rear idle wheels may be changed
- Air boxes may be removed but must be replaced with a foam/paper type filter
- Cleated Tracks are NOT allowed unless a Vintage
- Engine may have some modifications done; any motor in same brand sled
- Engine may be overbore 1% of the OEM CC’s for that model
- OEM stroke must remain the same.
- Reeds and gaskets may be changed.
- Oil pumps and oil tanks may be removed.
- Harmonic balancer MAY NOT be removed.
- Any functionally silenced exhaust allowed.
- Must have OEM cylinders but may be bored 1%.
- Air box modifications may be made.
Clutches Improved Stock
- Clutches may be modified (no rpm limit)
- Clutches primary and secondary may be changed with another manufacture.
- Any roller clutch allowed.
Suspension Improved Stock
- Shock absorbers should remain in OEM Position.
- Any drive sprockets and idler wheels may be used
- Any manufactured track may be used, but track must remain ½ lug shortest.
- OEM suspensions required
- Stock and Improved Stock sleds should be full body sleds.
- Engine must be manufactured for snowmobile use.
- Cylinder maximum overbore is 2% over CC displacement for class.
Both primary and secondary must be guarded. Any suspension works All specialty classes will follow rules set by each racing location. For more information regarding these classes, please contact race location. Vintage Rules 85 and older-motor or sled is vintage, any other different combo is considered a mod. Teching will be explained at each race location prior to start of the event. MID STATE GRASS DRAG CIRCUIT
- Stock machines must be of independent front ends
- Original OEM or factory designated replacement engine, hood, skis, frame, cowl, gas tank, carburetion, air box, suspension and variable speed converts supplied by the manufacture for the particular model.
- No component of the engine may be allowed changed or enlarged. This includes polishing, porting, deburring or sand blasting of surfaces.
- Maximum cylinder overbore may not exceed 0.020”
- All OEM base gaskets must be of manufactures dimensions.
- Modifications to carburetor body will not be allowed. Changing Jets sizes is allowed.
- Harmonic balance may not be removed.
- OEM complete exhaust system for that model must remain intact and no add on allowed
- 20th Century Classes (1999 or older) must have Stock engine and Chassis from that Model.
Clutches Stock Class
- Any springs weight may be used.
- Only OEM clutches allowed for that model.
- Only OEM secondary clutches allowed; however, spring and helixes may be changed.
- Any drive chain and sprockets may be used.
Suspension Stock Classes
- Limiter strap allowed on front and rear suspension but 2” travel allowed before suspension bottoms out.
- The complete suspension must be used as furnished by the manufacturer for that model, with the exception that the Slides may be removed.
- Additional idler wheels may be added; rear axle may be changed.
- Shocks must remain in the OEM location
- OEM suspension required
Tracks Stock Class
- ½ Lug Track, 3’4 Stud Length over lug
Frame and Body Stock Class
1. No chassis or frame alterations are allowed.